Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hacking My Education

When I get out of university and graduate school, I hope to have an doctorate of one sort or another and to do medical research at a university, while being a professor, in order to fund my work.  I feel that this course is already tailored towards helping me get their, because I intend to be an academic, and should strive to learn everything I can.  Every aspect of the world is important to each other, and nothing could exist without the rest of the universe.  Thats cosmos.  Our whole universe, and everything in it is vital to the makeup of our universe, so people, especially professors and teachers, should learn all they can to better understand their specialty.  I know it may be hard to believe, but I decided to take Advanced Placement Literature and Composition not because I wanted to get college credits, or because I wanted to learn about something else, I took it because I truly wanted to learn about literature, and how to improve my writing.  I know that many people go to school because it is compulsory education, but some people, me included, go because they want to learn.  If I did not want to learn about literature and its composition, I would not be taking literature and composition, as it would be much easier for me to take an easier course.  So basically, I intend to "hack" this course by actually taking this course.  

I feel that I can achieve this goal best if Dr. Preston picks a variety of texts -- modern and ancient, domestic and foreign -- which he feels would give beneficial life and academic lessons, or are entertaining, and teaches what is in them.  Also, I would like to improve my writing, which I can do through practice with feedback that I can act upon.  If I can improve my writing and learn about new texts that I was blind to before this course by June, I will be completely happy with how I spent my time in this class.  

Another thing that might also help my for the future is getting in touch with college professors, preferably at the school I intend to attend, and talk to them about their areas of study, and I have already began to do this, as I have had a few discussions over the last six months with professors of different sorts, mainly ones who work or have worked at California Polytechnic University, Cuesta College, and University of California, Los Angeles; and a student a University of California, Berkley, who plans to attend the University of Edinburgh next year to work on her doctorate so that she can become a professor. 


So basically, I have to read and write in this course in order to do what I want.  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great information..Its really nice and informative.
    Hacking Course in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gokul, I am very happy that you appreciated this post. I should note, though, since I am now at a university, that this is not complete. I go to a major university, UCLA, and this class did not really prepare me to well for what we do at university. If you are trying to be successful, especially at a university, lead a more structured course. My experience with Hacking Courses has been that they do the opposite of what universities do, and they can be very detrimental to those trying to get higher education. Please make sure that your course is extremely structured, even if you are going to work with elements of hacking, and please, please have some what of a set curriculum for your students.

      Delete
  2. I get a lot of great information from this blog. Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision. You have posted a trust worthy blog keep sharing.
    Hacking Institute in Chennai

    ReplyDelete