Monday, August 19, 2013

First Week Assesment


  1. Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? Access to a computer?  Mobile/smart phone?  Transportation?  Friends/family? Schedule?
Technology and transportation are not a problem for me, except for the fact that I get home very late, due to needs of my family, and do not have access to a computer until about 6:00 daily.  I also have many activities, such as band and volunteering, and 4 other AP classes that I need time for, on top of the work for this class, so I end up staying up late nightly, even when I am making full use of my time.  Finally, I as you know, my family is going through some rough times, medically, and I need time to support my parents.

  1. Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening? 
A great learning experience for me was Boys State.  I learned many things, in a variety of areas, including how to be  social, to play my trumpet better, and most importantly how our government works.  I was at Boys State at Sacramento State University, and it was the most immersive, and accurate mock government available.  The other people there were the 1041 best and brightest boys from  each of California’s high schools, and a few counselors.  It taught me that I learn by listening, paying attention and doing.  I knew what was happening by paying attention to my surroundings.

  1. What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?
I am most excited about learning in this class, but am frankly very concerned about the work load, I am getting it done, but at the expense of many other aspects of my life.  I look forward to learning Beowulf, as that is an interesting story, and I look forward to becoming a better writer.  I think that the class will teach me to be a better writer, and to use technology to its fullest capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment