Monday, August 12, 2013

I wrote this post way back in June, but never got around to posting it:


    Hello all! You have found your way to my blog, I welcome you here, and I am very excited that you are here. If you have any British comedies that I haven't seen, please tell me about them, thank you.
     Anyways, I am writing to display my views about two tragedies that happened, and that are happening, on this warm,  Californian Monday in May.  I could have written this as a post on Facebook, or as a Tumblr post, but those sites are places where people go to forum about friends, their day, Monty Python and The Who; but I did not intend this to be a happy post, and I do not want to ruin a person's day, so I figured I should put it on this newborn blog that does not yet have a reputation, as I can delete it if I need to.
    First, a great musician and UCLA graduate died today.  When I heard about this, I happened to be listening to "Tell All the People," which is the first song on the first side of The Doors' classic album Soft Parade. Upon hearing that Ray Manzarek, the keyboard player for The Doors, had passed away, due to complications from bile duct (the tube that transports bile from one's liver [bile's place of origin], to one's stomach) cancer. This distressed me for two reasons, the first being that I had been going through a Doors stage lately, and that this was a horrible loss for the world; and the second, and far more distressing reason, was that it hit very close to home with the fact that in late 2011, my maternal grandfather and best friend, Roy Hughes, had died, due to digestive tract problems that had occurred due to complications to lymphatic cancer, and various other recent cancer problems in my family.  The death of Mr. Manzarek is also personally significant, because I got through the June 2012 death of my paternal Grandfather, Dr. John W. Rucker Jr., and the repercussions of his death by listening to "Riders on the Storm," and "Light My Fire" on the classic Los Angeles radio station, KLOS.  My heart goes out to his wife, Dorothy Fujikawa, and who ever else was close to the UCLA alumnus, and keyboardist.  Since I heard about this, I have listened to the albums Strange Days, and L.A Woman, mourning. 
    Finally, I am completely humbled by the horrific storm ravaging Oklahoma City. I am praying for the countless families who have been affected by the storm, as well as mourn with them. I would like to commend the teachers of Plaza Towers Elementary and Briarwood Elementary who risked and gave their lives for the well being of their students. I hope the death toll does not get bigger than it currently is, and that the Storm will soon pass, and that Oklahoma City will soon heal from this horrific wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment