Saturday, March 8, 2014

Benchmark

Although I still do not completely understand this project still, I am going to give you an update on what I am doing, and what is to come with this project.  So far, I have generally been studying the my plans after college.  While most people are starting ventures that are in their general field of study for later in life, I cannot do this, because I intend to go into Pharmacology, which you can really only do with many years of higher level schooling.  As this will be my way to change the world in the future, I must study everything I can now, so that I will be ready for the schooling ahead of me.  I have reached out to many of the people I listed earlier in the post "Super 5," and the ones who wrote back have been very helpful, especially a man named Daan Frenkel.

    Dr. Frenkel is a professor of chemistry at Cambridge University, and a former professor of chemistry at the University of California, Los Angeles.  I reached out to him asking about how university will be like next year, as I intend to go to UCLA, and about transitioning from UCLA to getting a Doctorate at Cambridge.  While he could not help me with UCLA life, as he worked there 35 years ago, and he could not tell me much about my Doctorate program at Cambridge, he did direct me to a graduate scholarship for Cambridge Graduate students who do not hail from England, called the Gates Scholarship.  This is a very prestigious scholarship, with many broad criteria, but I feel that I fit the criteria well, as I am on a mission to cure cancer in the US, and the world, and they are looking for people who see a large problem in the country of origin, and are hoping to find a fix to it.  This also makes me a good match for another criteria, which is why should I go to Cambridge, and it is because Cambridge has chosen the battle against cancer as one of its key research focuses. While researching this scholarship, I was also able to find the website of the Cambridge department of Pharmacology, where I intend to go, and I know know what I will have to do over the next four years in order to prepare myself for Cambridge.
    For information about UCLA student life, I have been blessed to have many friend and family who go to the university, or are graduates from there.  I have learned a great deal about the school from them, and many visits I have had to the campus.  One example of these was an exchange I had over Facebook last night with a good friend of mine, Ryland Towne.  He is currently at the university, and I had heard about the cricket club at UCLA, so I asked him what he knew about it.  Many things like this have happened with a variety of people I know who have greater connections with the campus than me.
    As I know it is important to be a well rounded person, I have been studying various other things, such as history that is not covered in school, literature, music, and science.  I have gotten a lot of help with this from Dr. Melchert at UCLA, who as pointed me in the right directions for Indoeuropean studies.  I am gradually learning German, both the language and ancient culture of the gremanic peoples as a whole, and have started on the slavs a bit, studying their culture and learning their alphabet.  Many people have helped me with these studies, and as I would like to thank them all here, there are to many to list, so I will and have, thank them in person.
    I also have an experiment I am writing to direct my studies on the human race, but this is top secret, so keep quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment