Thursday, February 27, 2014

Super 5

1) Richard Ayoade - can help with my interest in arts, as he as an exceptional British Comedian, who acts in some of my favorite shows, such as The IT Crowd, and who wrote and directed my favorite movie Submarine.  He was a member of The Footlights, and I would like to contact him in the hopes of getting to know more about Cambridge University.

2) Craig Melchert - a UCLA professor of linguistics and Indo-European studies, whom I have had some correspondence with.  He is able to help me with my studies of Indo-European cultures.

3)Steve Jones - a biology professor at University College London.  I saw an interdisciplinary (evolution in biology and linguistics) lecture by him that fascinated me.  He can definitely help me with my scientific studies.

4)John Heritage - another UCLA professor, but this time, a professor of sociology.  As my experiment deals with sociology, he could be of help.  One of his studies in sociology is the study of how drugs are prescribed, and the psychological effects of drugs, which could help me in my future in pharmacology. He also went to Leeds University, which could help me, as I would like to know more about going to graduate school in England.

5)Daan Frenkel - the chemistry department head at Cambridge University.  He could help me as he is a professor of physical chemistry, which is a field that I intend to study in the near future.  He also has worked at both UCLA and University of Cambridge, which are the two schools that I intend to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment