Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I Am Here, Here I Am... Here Am I

    I feel that I have made moderately good progress this grading period.  Although I have had more troubles with time commitments than usual, I feel I have worked well in the time I have been allotted.  My focus this grading period has generally been to improve my writing, as I am
atrocious at the art of writing essays- which is a talent that I will need even more in the coming four years.  I feel that I have made steps in the right direction, as I have been reading essays and listening to lectures - the spoken essay - on the internet.  Although my writing is far from where it needs to be, it is better than when I started trying to improve it.  My goal is to be happy with my writing style by May.
    The new aspect of this semester is the project of our choice that we have to do to embody some question we have, some skill we would like to enhance, or another goal that we have in mind.  As Dr. Preston and I share the sentiment that all topics are interdisciplinary, I decided to go off of that in choosing my project.  As I am interested in a wide array of topics (for which I have to thank Mr. Carl Sagan), it proved very hard for me to pick one and focus on it, but I eventually settled on conducting an experiment that I have wanted to do for a while now.  While I cannot share what it is exactly, I have begun to write up a pre-lab for it, and to recruit helpers to take data, to increase my data pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment