Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Character Study I: How story, do I?

        I walk up to the turntable, and flip the long play record.  Putting the needle down, the trumpet intro to Call Me Al by Paul Simon leaps forth from the speakers.  I turn around and begin to pack my things: a few suit jackets, an overcoat, a few pairs of slacks, cologne and various other toiletries, a watch, and various other vestiges of class in this athletic wear society.  In a small carry on bag, I pack an iPod dock, a macbook air, three books (The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, A book on Slavic history and language, and a collection of Isaac Asimov's Short stories),  and a few dollars.  Filling the pockets of my slacks with a my iPhone, earphones, a wallet, car keys, and a harmonica, I walked to my car, put my bags and trumpet in the trunk, and drove to the airport, where I was to meet Ashley, Jake, Lisa, and Bianca, so that we could start our journey to Lithuania.

No comments:

Post a Comment