Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What A Character


One of the most interesting characters that I have come across in my readings has been Taran of Lloyd Alexander’s Prydain series.  I connected with him because he was a young adult who did fantastic things.  He exemplified many of the human traits that I idolize, such as curiosity, for learning knowledge and talents; trustworthiness, persevering, and chivalrous.  He never gives up on trying to do things correctly, and is a naturally good person.  When I read these books, I did not pay attention to literary techniques, and just read for the joy of being told an interesting story, so I do not recall the literary techniques, but I can say that the medieval fantasy setting really improved my view of the character, as I am interested in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment